Frog understands that in a HAZMAT incident, well-managed plans and countermeasures can help avoid a catastrophe in the workplace. Your facility may need multiple plans such as spill prevention, emergency response, and HMBPs depending on the quantity and type of hazardous materials on site. Frog will work with you to make sure you have the appropriate plans to comply with the requirements from your local first responders and environmental health agencies. Beyond plan and permit development, Frog can cover additional aspects of Hazardous Material services that your facility may need including inventory, training, and reporting. Our Frog Hazardous Materials team has the experience to ensure workplace safety and regulatory compliance at your facility.

Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)

HMBPs are required for any business that has hazardous materials and/or hazardous waste on site in quantities that meet or exceed any of the following thresholds at any one time during the year:

  • 55 gal. of liquid hazardous materials (one drum)
  • 200ft³. of compressed gas (one large cylinder)
  • 500 lbs. of solid hazardous materials


If a facility exceeds these thresholds, they must prepare:

  • Hazardous Materials Inventory
  • Site Map
  • Contingency Plan


This information is uploaded online to the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) and evaluated and resubmitted on an annual basis. Frog Environmental offers short term or extended term contracts to handle the HMBP.


Hazardous Materials Monitoring & Reporting Services

  • HMBP updating and annual submittal on CERS
  • Waste Tracking and Reporting
  • DTSC Biennial Reporting
  • Generator and Hazardous Waste Generator Fee Return
  • Toxic Release Inventory (Form R)
  • Electronic Verification Questionnaire 
  • Training



Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)

Does your facility store oil in an Above Ground Storage Tank (AST) with a capacity at or greater than 1320 gallons or an Underground Storage Tank (UST) with capacity at or greater than 42,000 gallons? If you meet these criteria, your site is likely required to establish an SPCC to prepare for an accidental spill.


Oil-based products requiring an SPCC include:

  • Petroleum
  • Machine coolants (water-soluble synthetic cutting fluids used in CNC machines, mills, lathes etc.
  • Fuel oil
  • Sludge
  • Oil refuse
  • Fats
  • Greases or oils of animal, fish or marine mammal origin
  • Vegetable oils
  • Synthetic oils
  • Mineral oils


Facilities with less than 10,000 gallons of cumulative storage capacity must complete a “Tier I” plan (self-certified). Facilities in excess of 10,000 gallons must complete a “Tier II” plan which must also be reviewed and certified by a Professional Engineer (PE). SPCC plans are evaluated and resubmitted every five years. Frog Environmental will develop a unique plan tailored to your facility or review an existing plan to ensure it is still compliant.

Request My Free Site Evaluation